Thursday, May 24, 2012

Kristen's OTR interview with 24 Frames/LA Times


The exploits of Jack Kerouac and Neal Cassady were first described in “On the Road,” Kerouac’s autobiographical novel featuring alter-egos Sal Paradise and Dean Moriarty, more than a half-century ago.

But the stars of the book’s first-ever film adaptation say they believe the Beat bible resonates as much as ever, and that it has coursed through their lives in unexpected ways.

“I read it at 14 or 15 and I was touched. I said ‘I need to find people that push me like this. I want to find people in my life that I want to run after,” Stewart, who costars with Garrett Hedlund (Moriarty) and Sam Riley (Sal Paradise), told 24 Frames.

Stewart plays Moriarty's smart and free-spirited wife, Marylou, in the film, which premiered Wednesday night at the Cannes Film Festival in one of the more youthful galas to hit the Croisette in recent memory. (The “Twilight” actress drove up in a vintage car and posed with costars Viggo Mortensen and Kirsten Dunst as well as Hedlund and Riley, while outside the barricades thousands of fans lined up to catch a glimpse.)

At a rooftop restaurant Thursday morning, Stewart was still taking it all in. Dressed in a sleeveless leather top and sneaking in a quick snack of restaurant rolls, the actress was reflecting on perhaps her most prestigious role to date, as well as her first trip to oft-chaotic Cannes. “I’m a pretty nervous person, but for some reason I feel comfortable here,” she said.

For the full cast interview, please go to the source here LATimes via kstewartnews thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think of this?