Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Camp X-Ray's executive producer, David Gordon Green, talks about Kristen


CS: It's funny, people are pointing to "Prince Avalanche" as your return to indie, but you've continued to produce indie movies even while doing your studio comedies, so what's the latest thing you've been working on?

Gordon Green: Actually, I was out on set yesterday. I'm producing a movie that stars Kristen Stewart called "Camp X-Ray" that a friend of mine, Pete Sattler is directing. It was great to go out to that set, the star of "A Separation" was in it (Peyman Moaadi ) and I'm a huge fan of his, so it was kind of cool to see them in action. It takes place in Guantanamo, so they're shooting at a prison, so it's kind of fun. You know, for me, it's always an exciting balance, films like "Compliance" or "Catechism Cataclysm," some of the strange, offbeat stuff that I feel like needs a voice or needs some financing or just needs to exist on this earth for my own selfish and self-indulgent enjoyment. So it's great to wear a producer hat for me and put forth the writhing waves of talent out there.

CS: One of my nurses is a big Kristen Stewart fan, so she is definitely excited for "Camp X-Ray."

Gordon Green: Right on. Well, I think it's a great change of pace for her, and I'm excited to see it, too.

Source via @KstewAngel thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think of this?